Socialist Register 2007
Coming to Terms with Nature
Collective Work, Neil Smith, Elmar Altvater, Daniel Buck, Michael Löwy, Costas Panayotakis, Joan Martinez - Alier, Greg Albo, Frieder Otto Wolf, Philip McMichael, Erik Swyngedouw, Achim Brunnengraber, Heather Rogers, Barbara Harriss - White, Elinor Harriss, Jamie Peck, Dale Wen, Minqi Li, Henry Bernstein, Philip Woodhouse, Brenda Longefellow
επιμέλεια: Leo Panitch, Colin Leys
επιμέλεια σειράς: Michalis Spourdalakis
ISBN 978-960-449-343-2, [Κυκλοφορεί]
Τιμή € 19,70
The looming environmental crisis forces socialists to confront difficult questions thought and action.
- In capitalism threatened by the ecological crisis, or can it prevail in an increasingly degraded planet?
- What will the legacy of capitalism's environmental destruction mean for any future socialist society?
- How can the socialist goal of international equality be met without aggravating the biosphere's destruction?
- What are the implications of environmental destruction for any future socialist society?
Περιέχονται τα κείμενα:
- Neil Smith, "Nature as accumulation strategy"
- Elmar Altvater, "The social and environment of fossil capitalism"
- Daniel Buck, "The ecological question: can capitalism prevail?"
- Michael Lowy, "Eco-socialism and democratic planning"
- Costas Panayotakis, "Working more, selling more, consuming more: capitalism΄s third contradiction"
- Joan Martinez - Alier, "Social metabolism and environmental conflicts"
- Greg Albo, "The limits of eco-localism: scale, trategy, socialism"
- Frieder Otto Wolf, "Party-building for eco-socialists: lessons from the failed project of the German Greens"
- Philip McMichael, "Feeding the world: agriculture development and ecology"
- Erik Swyngedouw, "Water, money and power"
- Achim Brunnengraber , "The political economy of the Kyoto protocol"
- Heather Rogers, "Garbage capitalism΄s green commerce"
- Barbara Harriss - White , Elinor Harriss , "Unsustainable capitalism: the politics of renewable energy in the UK"
- Jamie Peck , "Neoliberal hurricane: who framed New Orleans?"
- Dale Wen , Minqi Li , "China: hyper-development and environmental crisis"
- Henry Bernstein , Philip Woodhouse, "Africa: eco-populist utopias and (micro-)capitalist realities"
- Brenda Longefellow, "Weather report: image from the climate crisis"